QRP on Newgale Beach de GW0LVH/P...... | RF Circuits

Thursday, July 18, 2013

QRP on Newgale Beach de GW0LVH/P......




After recently moving to Pembrokeshire GW0LVH/P decided to try some QRP CW operation on Saturday 16 July from Newgale Beach. 


I was on 20m using an end-fed half wave vertical supported by a fishing pole and matched with a homebrew L-match ATU. 


Sadly the bands weren’t playing and poor conditions plus the noise from the wind making it almost impossible to hear the sidetone in the headphones, resulted in just two contacts in around an hour, CT2GET/P & EA1FL/P. 






I had to break off rather sharp with EA1FL/P when I noticed that a rapidly rising tide was about to swamp my station if I didn’t pack it away immediately.


73 fer now


Charles GW0LVH/P



No comments:

Post a Comment