2 metre WSPR on the Vert...de MW0MJB. | RF Circuits

Monday, July 8, 2013

2 metre WSPR on the Vert...de MW0MJB.

I set up the FT817 on the 2 metre WSPR frequency last night, and let it run between 7.00pm to 10.00pm..


Not a single station heard, in those three hours.

Maybe due to the polarization, maybe no one was on, whatever the reason it was fun just having a go...

I'll give it another try on the vertical tonight between 7.00pm and 10.00pm BST.

If it's still quiet tonight, I'l be heading back to HF.

I've got this idea of trying out the ROS mode, not sure how it fully works yet, but I'll be reading up on it soon.

As we have more than our fair share of cloud cover here in Pembrokeshire I couldn't resist putting the next bit on:


Whilst the FT817 was on the WSPR mode last night,  I had the time to capture some clouds:

We've been getting a lot of cloud cover here in Pembrokeshire recently, and instead of moaning about it I decided to capture this image to highlight the beauty of them:

View from the shack doorway de MW0MJB

Don't know if you know about this site, but it's worth a look.. http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/

As you can tell I'm obsessed with clouds  :0)

Hopefully catch you later tonight on 2m WSPR

Or soon, back on HF..


73 fer now

Mark MW0MJB

No comments:

Post a Comment