100 Unique Summits de MW0BBU. | RF Circuits

Friday, July 19, 2013

100 Unique Summits de MW0BBU.

Being a keen chaser of SOTA activations here at MW0BBU, the last week has held a couple of landmarks for me. 
Firstly I had managed to cross the 100 activators milestone and now the 100 unique summit (all CW) line has been crossed.

As you know here at MW0BBU SOTA chasing came as a result of QRP operating. 

And to be honest I haven't looked back really, as I have done far more radio since dropping the power than I have in a long time. 


Anyway back in March was the first SOTA that I had in the log using QRP and that was, DJ5RE/p who was on Mariahilfberg, DM/BM-350. Which in SOTA terms is a 4 point peak @ 529m or 1735ft and to number 100 who was, OE5EEP/p, who was on Sparber, OE/SB-258 a peak of 1502m or 4928ft and is a 6 pointer. 

I have to admit that SOTA chasing has become very addictive and I never fail to let my imagination drift just a little to the far off peaks from where the signals are emanating..... 

Really does fascinate me and I will often search the SOTA flickr photo's for any that I have worked.


Anyway, what has hit me is that if it hadn't been for going QRP here at MW0BBU, 
I would have most likely missed out on this great pastime of SOTA Chasing. 



But what is more I would have not most likely have got myself out onto SOTA's myself, and missed out on some great views in this glorious county of ours, getting all green here, low power and exercise... 

Anyway, it may not be for everyone, but by the heck it's some fun.... 

Shackside or hilltop...... have a go, .........but it is addictive..
All the best,
Steve...MW0BBU.   

No comments:

Post a Comment