Picnic Table QRPing in Decorah, IA | RF Circuits

Friday, April 23, 2010

Picnic Table QRPing in Decorah, IA








We spent the weekend in Decorah, IA and on Saturday and Sunday I had some spare time for hamming. I used my K1 with a 67' endfed wire up in the tree above the campsite. With the K1's built-in antenna tuner it loaded up on 40, 30 and 20. Sunday afternoon at 3:00 I did finally did have a QSO with Ken, WA8REI/4. He was on the Appalachian Trail at Newfound Gap, NC near Gatlinburg, TN. We were on 14.060, both running battery/5 watt power into end fed wire antennas. With some amount of QSB, signals were around 579. For the bottom of the sunspot cycle I was pretty happy.

See more examples of my QRP operating at http://www.io.com/~nielw/qrp/QRP_Stn.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment